Sonntag, 17. Mai 2015

A to Z challenge affirmation

Yesterday, my husband and I went to the Landesmusem for the 1515 Marignano exhibit. We passed by Needle Park (mentioned in my D post) and entered their temporary building, which has been erected for use while a large portion of the building is being renovated.
On our way there, Ivo was sharing facts about the exhibit and we quickly realized that I knew just as much as he did about many of the memorable bits about the wars that supposedly led to the Swiss being officially recognized as a neutral state.
While much of the information was known to me, it was very cool to see the costumes and tools and armament and banners on the 16th century Swiss who were fighting other peoples wars for them. I just had to avoid the multimedia room with graphic films about the fighting. I also got to see the original inspiration for the papal guard, which I'd written about in my V post!

picture property of Landesmuseum Zürich

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen