Freitag, 18. Dezember 2015

New Year's resolutions

Last night, I had the song "Long December" from the counting crows in my head.
Like clockwork, that song pops into my head. But of course it does. "A long December and there's reason to believe Maybe this year will be better than the last." It's like night swimming when the seasons change to autumn. There's the nostalgia of when the song came out and the mood and the words.
But today, Miranda Hart's soliloquy in the episode The New Me (guilty pleasure)
"Today I've begun the new me. I'm going to be the kind of woman who, you know, just leaps out of bed and just does that (shakes head) and their hair looks perfect.
They then grab a muffin from their Cath Kidston polka dot biscuit tin and head to work wearing trainers at the bottom of a skirt suit to show off they've power-walked in.
They have potted plants that don't die on them. Their fruit bowl isn't full of three-week-old rotting pears because they actually eat fruit. They have day bags, an evening bag and a clutch. For lunch, they just grab a wheat-germ smoothie in between work because that's enough to keep them going, even though at lunch time they jogged and enjoyed it because they don't have flesh that moves independently to their main frame.
And finally, they have easy access to pens to finish a crossword at a car where the man they decided to take as a lover the night before says to them "Hey, last night was great!"
You know, I'll be that kind of woman."
I forget what my resolution was last year - likely something about not becoming crazed about baby making.
This year's goal is to sanely and safely take care of myself. And to make more muffins.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen